Monday, December 15, 2014

Final Project: Artist Statement "Who Am I?"

Out of the many tribes existing in a small country of Burma (Myanmar), I came from the minority tribe of Zomi in the northern mountains of Chin State. The national bird is a hornbill, representing unwavering loyalty. The red, yellow, and green colors on the flag signify sacrifice, victory, and prosperity. The flower is the most well-known flower that could be found in the mountains. These symbolic figures and colors are used to identify ourselves among other people. I made this artwork because I like the colors, and it serves as an important role in my identification. I feel that my history and traditional lifestyles surely affected who I have become. As someone who currently live under the influence of many cultures and backgrounds, I want to remember my origin and maintain some of the positive traits and moral characters it values. In addition, I love the traditional clothings, which notably inspired my artwork. I think that's one of the main things that will always be apart of me no matter where I am in this world. 

In this project, I used acrylics for shading the bird feather, water colors for tinting the background, and glitter pen that added an actual, glittery texture for the tree branches. Some primary and secondary color palettes were used, as well as complimentary colors because red, green, and yellow go together quite well; they are the custom colors that I should use. The color patterns of the tree bring harmony and variety, and the size of the birds —compared to the tree—proves the dominance of the birds. The whole project is two-dimensional. This art piece's various patterns are basically based on measure, type, and direction of the line element. Despite the messes I made on the flower, this project is a success for me because I did not expect to include this much detail. Overall, I can always improve. But for now, I am content with the outcome. 

Six Sketches 🔝

Inspiration🔝 (Artist Unknown)

Half- way Photo 🔝

       Finished Art


No comments:

Post a Comment