Friday, December 12, 2014

Critique of Daily Sketches and Art Journals

Daily Object Sketches

       I like this daily object sketch of a leaf because it is cool and interesting. I thought it was a bug at first sight, but it took a few glances to recognize the leaf. I am still not sure what exactly it is.  (Artist: Joshua R.)

The previous two daily object sketches were drawn by Lam. I like them because of the colors and the uniqueness in each sketch. The green apple shows the seeds inside of it, and it looks like a face to me.
The second attracts my attention as well. Maybe it is because of the warm colors that he used. I like how the colors are simple and yet peaceful. 

In this sketch, I like how Emily used ice cubes and a cone to illustrate ice cream. It identify ice cream by showing the origin (for example: ice cream came from ice cubes). 


I am not sure what the original object of this sketch is, but I like the shapes and pattern of lines that were used to create this sketch. I love shapes. But, the plainness and simplicity grabbed my eyes the most.  (Artist: Derick M.)

Art Journals: 

    I like this art journal from Sierra because of the colors and the detailed patterns on the hands. The blue color is peaceful, and the pink adds some sort of intensity with the white part portraying purity I think. The drawings on the hands are my favorite.

The art journals on animals and the dream were made by Emily. For her animal characteristic, I like how the animal (giraffe) exactly or mostly represented her character. I also like how she cut out the animal shape and put texts in it. In the dream journal, I like the specific images, especially the dream catcher. The background color was a plain, solid color of blue/purple. And, the images help the audience visualize the things she might've dreamed of in her sleep. 

(Artist:Josh R.) I like this art journal because the objects were drawn very well. I can automatically tell what he wants to become in the future. I also like the quotes that he included. I love soccer, too.  


This journal was created by Annabelle. I like her imagination of heaven. Most of all, I like how she made the shapes by using pieces of the magazine/book pages and cross-contouring. The colors, blue and green, are my favortite as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment