Monday, December 15, 2014

Final Project: Art Critique


Emily Parker created this art piece to show her cultural background. When I first looked at it, the red section in the flag stood out to me the most because it is the brightest and warmest color presented. The messy borders of the red and green sections lead my eye from place to place because my mind thought it would be a straight line, but it's not. So, my eye is trying to follow where the border might lead to. When I look at this artpiece, it gives me a sense of assurance or protection as if the figure subject is a warrior who guards people with loyalty. Therefore, if I could give it a name, I would name it the Tribe of Loyalty. I believe the artist's color choices are complimentary to each other and signify the mood, message, and point the artist is aiming to deliver across. I also think Emily chose to make this specific artwork because it represents her history and identity. Overall, I like this artwork; it displays cultural art quite well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment